Let's see how I did with last year's resolution. Here were my 2007 New Year's resolutions:
1) Write everyday on a story (blogging and email do not count!) I did not write everyday. Not even close. But I did finish three manuscripts. That has to count for something!
2) Finish my non-category novel by the end of the year (this is the story I worked on during NaNoWriMo) Nope. I did do a little work on it, but really had no time or energy due to the three books I'd contracted to write.
3) Exercise three times a week (need a set number of times so I actually do it!) The exercise was hit or miss. Most weeks I managed two times. Once I started Crossfit (until I got sick) it was three to five times.
4) Lose 15 pounds (being more specific should help me!) I lost 15 pounds, but then gained back five. I realized the scale doesn't always tell the story so I'm not going to worry so much about the number any more.
5) Keep in better touch with friends (this one should always be there, IMHO) I did try to do this. I'm sure I could have done better. Deadline time got in the way big time. Some understood. A couple didn't. Deadlines aside, a few people never responded to emails or phone calls. At least I tried to keep in touch!
6) Be even more patient with kidlets (a good one to have again with all the deadlines I'm facing this year) and the hubby (I'm adding him this year due to all the deadline dementia coming up.) I asked the kidlets how I did on this one. They said I was more patient with them than in 2006. Yay! Of course, I know I wasn't as patient with hubby so I guess this resolution really wasn't met, either. He takes the brunt of my impatience and I really do need to work on that.
Bummer. I really didn't do well with my 2007 resolutions. Let's hope I do better in 2008. Here they are:
I also want to thank Patricia for including Win, Lose or...Wed! on her list of Favorite Reads in 2007! Boy, I love when google alerts brings news like that. I was all smiles yesterday when I saw that!
As for our New Year's Eve, we rang in 2008 at a friend's house celebrating both the New Year and his 40th birthday with people from the kidlets' school and church. Our priest was there for a little bit, too. The food was delicious, but I must admit the birthday cake was the best thing there. White cake with white fluffy icing. Yum! The kids celebrated New Years at 9 (pacific time) with a babysitter by watching the ball drop in New York, drinking sparkling cider from glass champagne flutes and eating ice cream sundaes.
I was so tired when we got home last night. We'd managed to sneak in Zoolights after all. We arrived at the zoo at 4:30, discovered it was free admission night, bought train tickets and got in line. Tom's brother and girlfriend met us there. We stayed a couple of hours and then drove home so we could attend the party.
This morning we attended 8:30 am Mass since it's a Holy Day of Obligation (the Solemnity of Mary.) Hubby said he tried to wake me up around 7-ish, but I didn't even acknowledge him. I woke up at 8 and even the kids were still asleep. Still we all managed to make it to the church in time. I'm going to consider getting us up and ready so quickly my Crossfit WOD!
Later today, the five of us will be attending a party at the home of one of my climbing friends. I need to make something to bring, but can't decide what yet.
What are you doing to kick off the New Year?